Become a Member
Steps to become a member of VPF:
- Basic Requirements
- You are a legal entity.
- You are willing to buy or sell VoIP capacity and/or services.
- You are willing to sign the General Terms & Conditions.
- Contact us for pricing, availability and order form.
- Please allow 5 business days for processing!
After acceptance of your order:
- Port & IP Address assignments will be made.
- An account will be created on the www.thevpf.com web site.
- You will be added into the VPF Mailing List and a notification will be sent to other connected members.
- Order cross-connect from your presence or a circuit from your provider, in to your choosen VPF location.
- VPF service is a Layer 2 Ethernet Service.
- Members are required to use an IP (Layer 3) router when connecting.
- Members routers are required to support BGP4 (Border Gateway Protocol version 4).
- Exchanging VoIP traffic with other members:
- VPF is a Layer 2 Ethernet Service.
- All members are required to peer with the VPF BGP route-server to enable automatic Layer-3 peering.
- Prefix/route advertised to the VPF route-server is restricted to that of VoIP devices/infrastructure.
- You will need to negotiate with VPF Members for services you are interested in buying and/or selling.
- After negotiating with the other memeber(s), you will need to configure your equipment and establish SIP/H.323 trunking or another pre-determined protocol. This establishes the direct interconnect between your partner and you.
- VPF does not support any negotiation, pricing, terms, conditions and settlement. This is the sole responsibility of each member.